This training will explore advocacy – what it is, how to do it, and all the details in between. Whether you are a childcare provider, parent, business owner, or community member, you will learn how your voice matters and can make a huge impact on children and families.
The sessions will take place as a live, online classes (they will not be recorded). Those who register and pay will be emailed a link to register with Zoom, our online platform.
To receive STARS credit, you will be required to participate by typing comments or participating in discussions. Requirements: stable internet access, audio via phone or speaker, and an email address. As a participant, you must be able to view the instructor and visuals aids. You will not be required to show yourself on camera, but it can be nice to have face-to-face contact. Tips for participating in the class will be emailed to you the week of the training.
*If you are a community member or otherwise not needing STARS credit, please enter 0000000 as your STARS number.
Date: December 7, 2021
Time: 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Trainers: Alex Hanel and Jaime Ruth
Core Competencies: Professional Development & Leadership, Level 1-4
Looking for something else? Click here to be directed to the full training calendar.
- Up to $250 fee reimbursement may be available through MERIT.
- Registration and payment required 48 hours in advance
- Full refunds for cancellations are only issued with at least one day advance notice.
- Sorry, no refunds are available for last minute cancellations or no-shows. Those arriving more than 15 minutes late will not receive STARS hours or a refund.
- Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar and registrants will be notified.
- You should receive an automatic confirmation email within minutes of registering. If you do not receive one, please check your spam or junk mail folders first, then contact us at email@example.com for us to resend.
- Sorry! For online trainings it is not possible to register and pay for more than one person at a time. Please submit a separate registration for each person attending. Thanks!