Family Call Center
Call toll Free (800) 446-1114
You may also start your search online here.
We know it’s a tremendous challenge for families seeking affordable, high-quality child care, and we are here to help navigate the process.
Child Care Referral Specialists help families locate child care programs that meet their individual needs and provide additional information about financial support for child care, early learning, and child development.
What to Expect
- When calling the Family Call Center, plan to take about 15 minutes to learn about and discuss the options available with a Child Care Referral Specialist.
- A Child Care Referral Specialist will ask about children’s ages, any special needs, type of child care desired, and location desired.
- The Child Care Referral Specialist will produce a customized list of child care programs that meet your needs. Your customized list can be shared over the phone or via email.
- Depending on the area where you live, the search critiera may need to be broadened to find suitable child care providers. The Child Care Referral Specialist will guide you through the search.
- After you receive your customized list, reach out to the child care programs to learn more about the program and their availability.
- Often child care programs have waiting lists. Waiting lists change frequently. Get on the waiting lists for programs that are the best fit for your child.
- Infant care, 24-hour care, child care for special needs, and drop-off care are more difficult to locate and may have longer waiting lists.
Child Care Check
The Washington State Department of Children, Youth, and Families provides a searchable database of licensed providers with details about child care program licensing information, complaints, staff background checks, and more. Click here to visit Child Care Check and learn more about your chosen child care program.