High-quality child care helps whole communities. Your voice matters.
Fair Start for Kids!
Thanks to the tireless efforts of child care providers, families, early educators, and other advocates, the Fair Start for Kids act passed on May 7, 2021. The Fair Start for Kids Act will benefit the family and the early learning community in many ways. Learn more about the investments in child care and early learning.
Advocate for Children and Families in NW Washington
Ready to join us in advocating for early learning opportunities? Wonderful! Whether you can envision sharing a simple campaign on social media or rallying around an issue in Olympia, we’d love to connect with you.
Contact our regional office at email@example.com to join the short list of go-to advocates for Whatcom, Skagit, Snohomish, Island, or San Juan County. We will reach out to you with advocacy opportunities related to child care and early learning.
Specific to Washington State
- Child Care Aware of Washington Advocacy Action Center: Easily find and contact your legislators, join their mailing list, and be first to receive action alerts straight from Olympia.
- The Children’s Alliance – Early Learning Action Alliance: The mission of the Early Learning Action Alliance is to improve the well being of children by effecting positive changes in public policies, priorities, and programs.
National Advocacy Efforts
Child Care Works shares webinars and related resources to support your efforts in finding the level of advocacy that is right for you. You can make a difference simply by joining the Child Care Works movement.
- Advocacy Action Items: How much time does it take to advocate? Practical suggestions ranging from 5 minutes to an hour.
- Family Advocate Networks: This handout answers questions such as “What is a Family Advocacy Network?”, “How could we initiate something like that?”
- Child Care and Development Block Grant: Congress is being asked for an additional $5 billion in funding. Advocacy works!
- First Five Years Fund: Bipartisan advocacy group focused on equal access to affordable, comprehensive, high-quality care and education.
- Moms Rising: Join a passionate network of information, blogs and campaigns rallying around politics, policy, parenting, and campaigns.