Kaleidoscope Play and Learn groups help families prepare their children ages birth to age 5 for success in school and life. This program supports family members at free weekly, facilitated play groups. Parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, older siblings, other caregivers and family members learn about:
- Activities they can do at home to support children’s learning
- Turning everyday activities – such grocery shopping, cooking and bath time – into early learning opportunities
- Child development from birth to five
- Skills children are expected to have when they start school
- Community programs and services available to help raise healthy children
Play and Learn Groups are typically facilitated in English, and they are inclusive to all children, languages, and cultures.
Throughout our region, we are fortunate to have many great organizations offering Play and Learn Groups.
- Bellingham Public Library
- Blaine School District
- Children’s Museum of Skagit County
- Ferndale School District
- Lopez Island Family Resource Center Parent/Tot Social Groups
- Mount Baker School District
- Mother Mentors of Whidbey Island
- San Juan Island Resource Center
- Sno-Isle Library System- Granite Falls Library
- Whatcom Center for Early Learning
- Wonderland Child and Family Services
For contact information and other details about any of our Kaleidoscope Play and Learn Groups, please visit the source directory found on the KPL Home page.
For a list of other play and learn groups throughout Washington, visit the KPL State Directory.
In Whatcom county, the Whatcom Early Learning Alliance coordinates these playgroups. Refer to WELA’s latest brochure to see meeting details or visit their Facebook page for the most timely updatesand resources.