There is tremendous need in our region for quality child care.
- The Imagine Institute has a mentorship program for individuals interested in becoming a family home provider. Those who complete the program receive a financial incentive to invest in their new business.
- The Department of Children, Youth, and Family Services (DCYF) includes information on the licensing process, rules, and regulations.
- DCYF Licensing Orientation information: Those interested in becoming family home child care providers must view an hour-long online presentation about family home child care licensing in Washington state.
- Business Edge: Tools, tips, resources, discounts, templates and more to help you run your child care small businesses
- A small business guide from the Governor’s Office of Regulatory Innovation and Assistance includes resources for business strategies and tax information.
- Tom Copeland’s blog on family home child care is a great resource for individuals who are in the process of starting a child care. His website includes useful handouts and checklists for getting started.
- A guide on how to start a quality child care business from the US Small Business Administration.
- Whatcom County small business resources have been compiled by the Bellingham Public Library.
- Tips, research, and information on child development from the Center for Disease Control.