There’s a high demand for child care in Whatcom County. Many child care providers have long waiting lists, and parents often have trouble finding open slots.
Considering opening a child care business? In free community meetings offered throughout Whatcom County, child care professionals will provide an overview of the first steps to become a licensed child care provider, as well as information on the scholarship opportunities available to potential child care providers.
This Q & A session is a great place to start if:
- you already care for children in your home and would like to increase your income
- you are looking for a career change
- you are an aspiring entrepreneur with a love of early learning.
You will also be given information about free trainings, scholarships, and mentorships for potential child care providers.
- RSVP Here: Downtown Bellingham: Wednesday, May 9, 6:00-7:30pm — The Opportunity Council, #1111 Cornwall Ave.
- RSVP Here: North Bellingham: Tuesday, May 22, 6:00-7:30pm — Whatcom Community College, Kelly Hall #201
- RSVP Here: Maple Falls: Monday, June 4, 6:00-7:30pm — East Whatcom Regional Resource Center
- RSVP Here: Ferndale: Thursday, June 14, 6:00-7:30pm — Ferndale Public Library
- RSVP Here: Lynden: Saturday 9:30-11am — Lynden Community Center
Health, Safety, and Child Development