Child Care Aware of Northwest Washington is passionate about advancing high quality early learning opportunities in child care settings. Ninety-percent of a child’s brain develops by age 5, and early experiences impact every aspect of a child’s life. Our goal is to create access to high quality learning environments so that all children have opportunities to flourish.
- We support families in locating quality, licensed child care that meets their needs.
- We provide coaching and technical assistance for Early Achievers participants. Early Achievers is Washington’s Quality Improvement Rating System (QRIS) for child care programs.
- We champion advocacy efforts for child care providers and families at the local, state, and federal levels. We educate and inform decision-makers about the challenges and barriers to running child care businesses in our region.
- We raise awareness about the vital role that child care providers play in ensuring healthy emotional and physical development, early intervention for suspected developmental delays, and quality early learning.
- We coordinate and promote professional development and trainings to earn STARS hours.