Child Care Facility Available at Samish Commons!
The Opportunity Council’s Center for Retention & Expansion of Child Care, in partnership with Bellingham Housing Authority, announce a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for an experienced parter interested in running a child care business from new facility.
Purpose of Request for Qualifications (RFQ)
The Opportunity Council’s Center for Retention and Expansion of Childcare (C-RECC), in partnership with the Bellingham Housing Authority (BHA), is seeking qualified applicants to increase the capacity of child care and early learning within a newly built facility in Bellingham. The partners will place the highest emphasis on provision of infant and toddler care at the site.
BHA has developed a mixed population new housing development on Samish Way in Bellingham, serving both families and seniors with affordable options. To both meet the needs of its customers and the priorities of some of its funding partners in the project, an early learning space has been built into one of the site’s buildings. It is expected that the early learning space will be built out and available virtually rent-free (a nominal sum will be required to establish a renter relationship). It is projected that the space will be ready for occupancy by mid to late 2024.
Project, Early Learning Space Description
- Samish Commons – 321 N Samish Way, Bellingham
- 3 classrooms – 2 Infant & 1 Toddler
- Approximate License Capacity – 30
Partnership Requirements and Eligible Applicants
- Must be an experienced provider of infant/toddler care in a licensed setting, serving a diversity of customers Applicants should have a minimum of 5 years experience in the field.
- Must accept subsidy/Working Connection Child Care (WCCC) families
- Must enroll in Early Achievers, Washington’s Quality Recognition Improvement System (QRIS)
- 10-year lease agreement with nominal monthly rent to improve operational margins for the provider
- Collaborate with BHA, C-RECC and other stakeholders as needed, including the possibility of having inputs into facility build-out design
- Utilization of a recognized curriculum or approach to teaching in developmentally appropriate ways
RFQ Application Evaluation and Selection
- RFQ applications will be reviewed and ranked by BHA and C-RECC. Applicants that can bring additional leveraged resources (cash, credit, furniture, equipment, materials, etc.) to the relationship will receive additional review points.
- Applications must be received by October 31, 2023. UPDATE: This date has been extended to November 30, 2023 (no applications will be accepted after November 30, 2023).
THIS APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED
For more information about the facility, partner requirements, and other questions, please reach out to C-RECC at firstname.lastname@example.org