The Center for Retention & Expansion of Child Care (C-RECC) works to sustain, strengthen and expand child care in Island, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, and Whatcom Counties.
C-RECC NW was created in 2020 through a partnership between the Opportunity Council and the Bellingham Regional Chamber of Commerce and focuses on retaining and expanding child care through five counties (Whatcom, Skagit, Snohomish, San Juan, and Island). We develop collaborative partnerships between business organizations and community members across all sectors, while providing current and aspiring child care providers with assistance.
Whether you are an entrepreneur looking to open a child care business, a seasoned child care professional looking to expand or preparing to retire, or an employer looking into offering any type of child care benefits, we want to hear from you!
C-RECC News & Events:
- Whatcom/Bellingham ARPA grant, Innovative Approaches to Child Care Sustainability Grant applications will re-open 10/20/23. There will be two, 30-minute virtual information sessions on 10/18/23. Information about this grant can be found below. For more information and to register to attend a virtual info session: – ENGLISH – SPANISH
- C-RECC is partnering with Island County Health Department & The Whidbey Island Foundation to offer Child Care Business Informational Sessions. These sessions are designed to explain the process and requirements of becoming a DCYF licensed child care provider, and will include follow up support for all interested attendees. The first session will be held in Oak Harbor on October 12th, with a virtual session following on November 4th. For more information and to register for a session: – ENGLISH – SPANISH
- A child care business START-UP or EXPANSION location will soon be available in Bellingham! C-RECC is partnering with the Bellingham Housing Authority to find a provider interested in running a program out of the NEW Samish Commons location. Applications for this opportunity are now open. Click here for more information!
Current Assistance Programs for Child Care Providers:
- Skagit County ARPA grant for new Family Child Care (FCC) Providers – Information & Application
- WA Department of Commerce Small Business Innovation Fund grants – CLOSED 5/1/23 – Information
- Whatcom/Bellingham ARPA grant – Innovative Approaches to Child Care Sustainability – Re-Opens 10/20/23 – Information & Application
Employer Assistance Program:
- Options for Workforce Retention & Recruitment – Information
Connect with us
- Email – email@example.com
- Request for Consultation –
- Client Survey – password provided by C-RECC staff