Commerce Small Business Innovation Fund (SBIF)
The Center for Retention and Expansion of Child Care (C-RECC) is seeking child care business expansion and new start up projects.
Applications will be open until April 1st or until funding runs out.
The lack of a robust child care industry within a community impacts families and employers in a variety of ways such as missed work, lost wages and in some cases employees exiting the workforce altogether.
Quality child care is closely connected with skills children build, socially, emotionally, and cognitively.
Increasing the availability of high-quality child care cultivates economic opportunities for families and businesses today into the future.
The Center for Retention and Expansion of Child Care (C-RECC) a division of the Early Learning and Family Services (ELAFS) Department at the Opportunity Council has received funding to benefit current and future entrepreneurs in the child care industry.
For more information about the Department of Commerce and the source of this funding please click here.
- Increase high-quality child care accessibility to low-income, underserved and Black Indigenous People Of Color (BIPOC) families
- Grow overall child care capacity in our five-county region. (Whatcom, Skagit, San Juan, Island, Snohomish)
- Create entrepreneurship opportunities for women with an emphasis of BIPOC
Other Important Info
- Apply by April 1st, 2024. Early applications are advised as this funding is first-come, first-served.
- Projects funded with SBIF must be completed by May 31, 2024
- Priority will be given to:
- Child care businesses in rural areas where community members travel far distances to find care for their children, and face distinctive barriers
- Facilities that offer non-traditional hours and/or overnight care
- Facilities offering infant care
- Award amounts –
- Family Child Care start up or capacity expansion projects – up to $10,000
- Child Care / Preschool Center start up or capacity expansion projects – up to $100,000
If you have any questions about the SBIF please email email@example.com
If you are interested in child care expansion or a new start up and meet the SBIF criteria please complete the application below.