Visit Website Starbright Early Learning Center
Starbright Early Learning Center located in Everett is looking to hire a Spanish Teacher for our upcoming 2019-2020 school year! This is a part-time position and great for those going to school or looking for an extra income. We emphasize creativity, self-discipline, and self-worth while working with children individually to help them identify their own unique strengths and abilities. Our teachers understand the importance of developmentally appropriate practice in order to provide an enriched environment and high-quality education.
The Spanish teacher will plan and teach lessons (once a week) for children ranging in age from 2 1/2- 5. The hours are 9:15-11:30 am, every Wednesday. The first lesson begins at 9:40 am, and when needed you may come earlier to prep for lessons. We have tons of resources for all lessons. However, it is up to the teacher to prepare any cutouts or extra materials. You may follow our themes or work with the teacher to develop specific lessons. The teacher will be going to 6 different classrooms during the 2 hour period, and each lesson will last 10-20 minutes depending on the age. It is very important to have some knowledge of developmentally appropriate practice and child development in order to effectively teach to each age group.
Required skills and education include, but not limited to:
- BA in Spanish and/or teaching certificate
- Experience in working and teaching young children
- Some ECE college coursework or STARS classes taken
- Effectively interact with children in a responsive, positive, and sensitive manner
- Effectively manage classrooms and time
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality
- Follow center policies and procedures
- Clean record and pass background check through Department of Early Learning
This program participates in Early Achievers.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org