Visit Website Skagit Art Preschool
Assistant Preschool Teacher Job Description
- Assist with the preparation of classroom activities for preschool children
- Monitor all classroom activities in conjunction with or in the absence of the lead teacher
- Interact with children in a positive and supportive manner
- Communicate with parents and/or authorized guardian
- Maintain a healthy and safe environment for the children
- Maintain continuous monitoring and record keeping of the children’s progress
- Communicate problems concerning students to professional staff
- Administer established school and playground rules
- Perform duties as required to maintain a clean and safe learning environment such as: Preparing and serving snacks, diapering, kitchen clean- up, and maintaining a safe playground area.
- In conjunction with lead teacher, offer information on heath, social services, and other support required for children with disabilities.
- Administer emergency first aid to students.
- Perform other assigned duties that are within the area of knowledge and skills required by the job such as assistance in special events, fundraising, activities and participation in professional conferences.
- Fulfill needed requirements for STARS training basic 30 as required by MERIT, such as CPR, Mandated Reporter, SIDS/Shaken Baby Syndrome, and any other required classes or continuing education credits
- Prepare to submit fees and apply for Background Checks and Fingerprints, all teachers must be clear to work in Washington State according to Washington Administrative Code (WAC)
This program participates in Early Achievers.
To apply for this job email your details to Skagitartpreschool@gmail.com