Visit Website Samish Indian Nation
The Classroom Assistant & Facility Float position is responsible for assisting all classrooms and kitchen at the Samish Head Start and Early Learning Center by providing high quality, consistent support for classroom staff and children. The Classroom Assistant & Facility Float will help all children engage in classroom experiences, in accordance with Head Start Performance Standards and licensing WAC regulations. Although this position is not directly responsible for lesson planning, activity implementation, or child development assessments, full support of program values and activities is expected and input regarding planning and child observations is welcome.
- Assists in implementing the daily program under the direction of the Lead Teachers
- Engages children in exploration, sensory experiences, and engaging conversations that encourage curiosity and continued conversation loops
- Maintains a general understanding of Head Start regulations and licensing WACs and supports the center in striving for full compliance each day
- Assists in health and developmental screenings as needed. This may include taking height/weight measurements or helping escort a child to the front office for hearing/vision screenings, etc.
- Ensures that all classroom staff receive adequate breaks throughout the day including lunch, bathroom breaks, and planning time as needed
- Greets and engages families whenever they are at the center, encouraging parent involvement and parent-teacher partnerships
- Supports safe and orderly transportation of children, ensuring that proper seat restraints are used at all times and all safety regulations are followed during bus transportation, if monitoring assistance is needed
- Provides positive guidance to children with successful classroom management, and demonstrates clear limits and expectations according to developmentally appropriate practices
- Maintains confidentiality for all children, families, and staff. Exercises appropriate discretion in information sharing with other staff as it applies to job responsibilities on a need-to-know basis
- Attends training as relevant to staff development plans. Maintains current certification for First Aid, CPR, Food Handler’s Permit, and health checks. Complies with CPS mandated reporting requirements for child abuse and neglect
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed in such a position.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- One year of experience in an early childhood program
- Must be willing to complete 30hrs Basic STARS course and 10 STARS hours of continuing education
- Must possess strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Able to carry forty pounds without difficulty, sit in a child-sized chair, move quickly from multiple positions and levels, and ride on a bus
- Must obtain First Aid, and CPR certifications within 30 days of hire
- Must have initial TB test, and be free from communicable disease
- Must possess current Food Handlers Permit before employment
- Must pass state, federal, and Department of Early Learning fingerprinting and background checks
**Obtaining full COVID-19 vaccination no later than 60 days from the hire date will be a condition of employment for all Samish employees**
This program participates in Early Achievers.
To apply for this job please visit www.samishtribe.nsn.us.