Visit Website Opportunity Council
Works with the teacher, co-workers, and volunteers to provide learning experiences for three to five-year-old children in a Head Start Preschool. Time will be available for planning, set-up, clean up, and training. Assists with the center transportation activities as needed. Maintains working knowledge of Head Start Performance Standards, state ECEAP standards, agency policies and procedures and other applicable regulations.
- Assists in planning, implementation and evaluation of individual and group center activities, field trips, parent/child activities and health care.
- Develops lesson plans for an assigned area or individual learning experiences.
- Assists in the preparation, set-up and clean up of classroom/center activities as assigned.
- Works directly with youngsters in small groups and individually.
- Assists with maintenance of materials and equipment.
- Assists with record keeping, routine center and parent communications and related documentation.
- Assists the bus driver in ensuring a safe environment on ELAFS buses.
Education Experience Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent, and
- A Child Development Associates (CDA), Associates in ECE, or Baccalaureate in any field with 12 college quarter credits in ECE and experience in ECE.
- One year volunteer or work experience in early childhood education preferred.
- Experience working with families under stress preferred.
- Must have valid Washington State driver’s license or obtain by date of hire.
- Must submit abstract of driving record for previous 3 years prior to start date.
Work is generally performed in a noisy, active preschool classroom environment or crowded office environment. Regular exposure to communicable diseases and body fluids and occasional crisis situations. Regularly requires local travel to and from classroom sites, special workshops and trainings, and other job-related activities. May drive program vehicles to transport children.
To apply for this job please visit www.vs4.vscyberhosting.com.