Visit Website Mill Creek YMCA
Learn, Grow, and Thrive with a Career at the Mill Creek Y!
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people. As the nation’s leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y offers more than just a job – we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in our community. Discover your passion, love what you do!
Days & Hours
- Split shift working 30 hours a week before & after school and 10 hours a week of administrative duties
- Hours vary depending on school. Must be available 6:30-9 am and 2-6:30 pm
Education & Experience
- Minimum age 21
- Previous experience working with children in a developmentally appropriate group setting.
- Meet educational and experience qualifications established by Dept of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF)
30 college credits in approved school-age credits or 20 college credits and 100 clock hours of related community training.
- Able to complete and provide documentation of all certification and training requirements within 30 days of hire
- Plan, organize, and implement high quality developmentally appropriate programming
- Fluency in second language desired
- Be a positive role model to children and staff in your attitude and actions. Role model Y core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- Ensure compliance with state and local regulations in addition to YMCA standards and procedures
- Train, evaluate and supervise assigned staff and volunteers, including ensuring required are completed.
- Coordinate with the program director to develop, prepare, and implement daily lesson and activity plans within the YMCA of Snohomish County and DCYF guidelines
- Active Supervision of all children and staff in related program area activities
- Maintain positive relations with parents and other staff. Provide parents appropriate feedback and information as needed for their children to have a successful school age care experience.
- Maintain materials, equipment, and program facility
- Maintain required program records.
- Completion of YMCA and DCYF specific training/certifications as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
- Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
This program does not participate in Early Achievers (school age program).
To apply for this job please visit ymca-snoco.org.