Lopez Children's Center
Preschool and Childcare for Children 2.5 to 5 years
Lopez Children’s Center (LCC), a non-profit organization, is the only licensed early learning program on Lopez Island. We offer two programs for children aged 2.5 – 5 years; the Lopez Cooperative Preschool and PAL (Play & Learn), year-round childcare. We believe children develop a positive self-concept through a balance of child-initiated and teacher-directed activities and that children of this age learn best through play. Staff serve as positive role models and offer care that is supportive, nurturing, warm and responsive to each child’s individual needs. We respect families as the primary and most important providers of care and nurturing and we believe that parents and teachers are partners in children’s care and education.
We currently have 31 children enrolled and 9 staff members. Our programs are ECEAP blended and have a Level 4 Early Achievers rating. LCC is committed to providing high-quality early learning experiences that are accessible to all children and families on our small island.
Lopez Island is located in the San Juan Islands, a 40-minute ferry ride from the mainland. The beauty, tranquility, and sense of community are hard to beat. Almost all Lopez children heading to kindergarten attend our programs. As the Director of LCC you have the opportunity to be fully integrated with Island life and make a genuine difference in the lives of our Island children and families. The Children’s Center is a beloved organization and is generously supported by the Lopez community.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a new Director with:
- A combination of qualifications, experience, skills, and passion for realizing the vision of Lopez Children’s Center.
- Excellent administrative, leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills in order to support and empower staff while ensuring a smoothly operating and fully compliant organization.
- Finance and budgeting skills to balance program priorities with affordable tuition.
- Flexibility, compassion, and a sense of humor to navigate managing an essential organization in a small community.
- ECE State Certificate or ECE Associate’s Degree or higher. *It may be possible to meet this requirement with a Professional Development Plan.
- Pass a DCYF Background check & show evidence of immunity to TB and measles.
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid.
- Must meet and maintain all DCYF general qualifications and on-training requirements.
- Two years ECE teaching experience.
- Six months’ experience in administration or management.
- Knowledge & understanding of Foundational Quality Standards for Early Learning Programs (WACs) & ECEAP Performance Standards.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Starting salary $52,000 – $56,000 per year, depending on qualifications and experience.
- Benefits include seven paid Holidays, paid vacation, paid sick leave, access to free mental health services, employer-paid Family Leave premiums.
- The Executive Director is hired by and answers to a non-profit Board of Directors. This position is salaried & full-time year-round beginning in November 2022. Some flexibility with start date may be possible.
Submit a letter of interest, along with a resume showing your experience and qualifications. Please provide two professional references with contact information.
Send to: PO Box 867, Lopez Island, WA 98261
Or email: email@example.com
This program participates in Early Achievers.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org