Visit Website Educational Service District 123
Department: Early Learning-ECEAP
Reports To: Executive Director of Early Learning
Location: Walla Walla, WA
Supervises: Classified and Professional Staff in Walla Walla County
Classification: Administrative Exempt (Annual Contact 260 days)
Annual Salary: $80,000.00
SUMMARY: Educational Service District 123 is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the role of Administrator for the Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP) (Preschool age – 3 to 5 years old) & future Early ECEAP (Infants & Toddlers – Birth to 2 years old). The ECEAP Administrator provides professional support and supervision to ECEAP & Early ECEAP Coordinator team, and support to all staff in implementing a successful comprehensive preschool program for children and families in Southeast Washington.
- Assist in the development and implementation of program philosophy, mission, and goals for the purpose of effective operations of the ECEAP & Infant-Toddler programs.
- Conduct and monitor staff hiring, onboarding, training, supervision, and evaluation.
- Oversee rating and evaluation data as required for ECEAP and Infant and Toddler programs.
- Establish and complete required program reporting including but not limited to, staff compensation, travel, and financial certification disclosures.
- Work in conjunction with ESD 123 Human Resource Department to address and respond to staff concerns including but not limited to board policy violations, performance plans etc. Administer and recommend policies and procedures to ensure performance standards, safe environment, and well-being of children are met.
- Ensure future growth for ESD 123 preschool & infant-toddler programs and strategic response to community assessment needs through planning.
- Serve as a liaison between the program, other outside agencies, and the public by creating awareness and presenting program information.
- Provide direction regarding organizational development and training programs.
- Develop, administer, and participate in activities to assess organizational climate and employee morale.
- Plan, oversee, facilitate, and participate in agency activities, including but not limited to annual Self-Assessment, state program reviews, and ELMS data collection.
- Attend and participate in professional activities/trainings and stay current on trends and innovations in the field of early childhood education & infant-toddler care.
- Respond to parent and public inquiries and resolve complaints. Ensure disputes are mediated or handled in the proper manner to best allow parents, children, and community partners to work together.
- Prepare clear and concise reports for the ESD Board of Directors and Parent Policy Council, as requested.
- Monitor and report child abuse/neglect as a mandated reporter.
- Follow all Board policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Provide oversight and supervision of classified, professional, and administrative staff
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
Participate as a member of the ESD Leadership Team
Performs related duties as assigned.*
*Related duties as required are duties that may not be specifically listed in the Position Description but are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee’s classification of work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public or Non-Profit Administration, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Human Services, Psychology, Social Services, or a related field. Master’s Degree in similar field desirable.
- Five years’ experience with supervision and program oversight, with increasing responsibility demonstrated.
- Demonstrated experience working within a Head Start or ECEAP program with an extensive understanding of performance standards.
- Experience with grant compliance, current, highly complex principles and best practices of public administration, budget preparation, administration, finance, and fiscal planning desirable.
- At least two years’ experience in successful grant writing for federal, state and other funding sources or equivalent experience desirable.
- WSP/ FBI background clearance required.
Requires knowledge of:
Computer literacy including database and Window’s programs.
Requires the ability to:
- Function professionally, positively, and effectively as a team member, with appropriate boundaries, while working with staff, parents, volunteers, other agencies and the community
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, school district staff and administrators, OSPI staff, other ESD 123 staff, board members, students and the general public
- Develop knowledge of community resources for children and families
- Use various computer applications such as word processing, email, internet, spreadsheets, and databases
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including using interpreters when needed to communicate with individuals who speak other languages
- Work across agencies to develop collaborative agreements
- Collaborate with district and state partners to accomplish program objectives
- Appreciate diversity and remain flexible
- Respond to emergencies and/or non-standard situations both physically and mentally
- Perform independent and joint duties with minimal supervision, while operating from established program policies and procedures
- Organize and follow through on multiple tasks, address concerns as they arise, meet deadlines, and plan ahead to meet future needs and goals
- Maintain dress and appearance appropriate to a professional office setting
Paid time off
Health, dental, and vision insurance
Long term disability insurance
TRAITS THAT YOU MUST POSSESS:
- Proactive self-starter. A strong sense of taking initiative moving forward without waiting to be told what to do and how to do it.
- Flexible and can thrive in a fast paced environment where you may have to wear several hats.
- Possess confidence while being humble- lack excessive ego or concern about status. Willing to share credit, emphasize team over self and define success collectively rather than individually.
- Hungry- always looking for more. More things to do, learn, and take responsibility for. Constantly thinking about the next step an opportunity.
- Smart- have common sense about people. Good judgement and intuition around the subtleties of group dynamics and the impact of your words and actions.
THESE STATEMENTS MUST RESONATE WITH YOU:
“Yes, that is possible. Let me handle it, I’ll figure it out.”
“I am not sure, but I will find out for you.”
“I have not done that before, but I can do it.”
“I take a see-it, own-it, solve-it, do-it approach.”
ABOUT OUR TEAM AND AGENCY
Helping students realize their dreams and aspirations is at the heart of everything we do at ESD 123. We accomplish this by embracing our employees as One Team, and operating with loyalty and commitment through compassion, dedication, and collaboration. At ESD 123, we strive to offer the highest quality customer experience by committing to our Core Values, and always looking for ways to say, “Yes, and…” We expect our employees to model our Core Values of integrity, respect, relationships, stewardship, and perseverance. Each member of our ESD team must be humble, hungry, and smart, with a focus on making his or her teammates look good while working toward achieving our mission.
We want this position to be one that you are or can be passionate about and look forward to embracing. We want you to grow, be challenged, and have fun while doing things that you are skilled at and enjoy. We are looking for someone who is proud to join our ESD One Team!
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work is performed primarily in an office environment; however, travel is required to local school districts and program sites, and for workshops, committee representation and conferences at local, regional, and state level. Sitting for extended periods of time may be required. Lifts and carries a maximum of 35 pounds. Adequate manual and finger dexterity, hearing, speech, and vision are necessary to perform the essential functions of this position.
Hazards: Those present in a normal office environment; no known significant hazards.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.