Visit Website A Childs Life Learning Center
Be a difference maker!
A Child’s Life Learning Center (ACLLC), a non-profit christian daycare in Bellingham, WA, is seeking an Assistant/Site Director to help lead our program in making a difference in the lives of children in Whatcom County. With over 80 children in our program ranging from 1 to 5 years old, and over 20 staff and teachers, there is plenty of opportunity to make a difference. We are open Monday through Friday from 6:30 AM until 6:00 PM. ACLLC has been providing toddler and preschool services at our location for over 15 years and will continue to be a resource to our community for years to come.
Assistant/Site Director Minimum Requirements:
- Have at least two years experience working with children the same age level as the center serves
- Willingness to assist in leading a non-profit, christian, faith based program in accordance with our mission
- Assist our Director and our child care staff in delivering a high quality child care program that creates a warm, welcoming and inclusive environment for the children and their families
- Willingness to work with the Program Director in planning and maintaining a quality, child-centered program and serve as the Site Director for ACLLC2 our toddler+ program.
- Be part of the team responsible for managing the overall program including family/community relations, human resource development, staff scheduling, program planning, program implementation and evaluation; marketing, & enrollments
- Maintain adequate supplies or center operations, including food, activity supplies and other materials
- Assists Program Director in organizing/completing all billing, fee collection, DSHS audits, meal counts, attendance, staffing records, etc
Assists Program Director to manage the USDA program and yearly income study
- Be a resource and role model to staff regarding behavior management techniques, parental interactions, curriculum development, classroom organization/layout, etc
- Support teachers in their classrooms and provide bathroom supervision
- Ensure that the facility is clean, safe, and well maintained
- At least one (1) year of full time experience in a director, assistant director, or similar role in a child care program
- BS/BA or AA Degree in Early Education (or related field)
Additional Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be familiar with, and make sure the center meets, all the minimum licensing requirements as laid out in Chapter 388-150 of the Washington Administrative Code (WAC)
- Must be a motivated, upbeat management professional who creates a positive atmosphere and brings energy to the center everyday
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; Must be organized, focused, quick to follow through & detail oriented
- Must be proficient with a computer
- Must be physically able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds, and work indoors or outdoors.
- Must be able to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children, see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children.
Full-time (35-40hrs/wk), hourly position with paid time off and 8 paid holidays.
Email your resume to email@example.com. After receipt of your resume, we will contact you, and if qualified, setup an interview to get to know you better.
This program participates in Early Achievers.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org