Zeno Essential Training Series Session 3: Math is For Everyone
Child Care Aware of Northwest Washington is pleased to present the Zeno Essentials Training series to child care providers and early childhood educators in our region. Join us to learn more about Zeno’s 5 Practices and how to ensure inclusive and anti-biased lesson planning.
This training is designed as a series, and participants are expected to attend all three sessions. Registering for the first session will reserve your spot for the second and third sessions in March and May.
Session 1: Math is Racial Equity – January 26, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Participants will learn how focusing on early math is racial equity and learn how to use Zeno’s 5 Practices to engage families and children in early math.
- Reflection on early math experiences and impact of parents
- Talk through statistics of Washington for context to understand systemic issues around racism in math
- Learn about Zeno’s 5 Practices
- Discuss how to use these 5 practices to partner with families and deepen relationships with children to build math confidence.
Session 2: Math is Literacy – March 23, 21, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Evaluate books for positive representation
- Evaluate books from participants’ classroom/centers
- Learn about the different types of reads and how to incorporate math
- Practice mathematizing books of choice
Session 3, Math is for Everyone, May 25, 2021, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Learn about different learning styles, preferences, and intelligences
- Talk through ways to scaffold and differentiate early math learning
- Practice using different learning styles to scaffold early math learning
Date: January 26, March 23, and May 25
Time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Trainer: Jermell Witherspoon, Zeno Program Manager
STARS: 6 for the whole series
Core Competencies: Families & Community Partnerships
- Registration required 48 hours in advance
- Participants arriving more than 15 minutes late will not receive STARS hours or a refund.
- You should receive an automatic confirmation email within minutes of registering. If you do not receive one, please check your spam or junk mail folders first, then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for us to resend.
- Sorry! For online trainings it is not possible to register for more than one person at a time. Please submit a separate registration for each person attending. Thanks!