The Directors Toolbox: Circle of Influence – Implementing Shared Decision Making and Participative Management
Building trust and a spirit of collaboration among staff in early childhood programs is central to achieving high-performing work teams. Meaningful staff involvement in decision-making is one way that trust and commitment to organizational goals is achieved. This workshop provides a framework for analyzing different types of decisions in program management and suggests ways that directors can move toward a more participative process in achieving program goals.
The workshop’s target audience is administrators and lead teachers of early childhood programs. Participants will receive a copy of the Circle of Influence book and follow-up coaching.
- become aware of the decision-making style best suited to them and their program
- be able to assess the impact of decisions on different stakeholders
- understand the advantages and disadvantages of different levels of participation
- apply decision-making criteria to a group decision
- practice making a decision by consensus
- be aware of the phenomenon of groupthink
This class will be held over three sessions on March 25, April 1, and April 8. Participants must attend all three sessions to receive credit.
Date: March 25, 2019
Time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Trainer: Jamie Ashton
Child Care Aware – Skagit Office 415 W Gates Street
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
- Up to $250 fee reimbursement may be available through MERIT.
- Please register at least 48 hours in advance
- Registration not accepted at class - please do not show up without registering first
- Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar and registrants will be notified
- Full refunds will only be issued by calling by noon the day before class. No refunds are given after the noon deadline
- We love children, but not in our classes please.
- If you do not receive an email confirming your registration, please contact us at 360.734.8396 ext 227 or email@example.com.