The Growing Brain: Understanding Behavior
Children’s behavior is influenced by the brain. In this two-part training, participants will quickly review basic brain anatomy and then explore how connections between areas are expressed through behavior. This session will also address key factors that influence behavior the root causes of challenging behavior, and effective strategies for helping children with behavior difficulties. This class was written by authors at Zero to Three. Materials included.
- This training will take place as 2 live, online classes (it will not be recorded).
- Once you register through this website, you will be emailed a link to register with Zoom, our online platform.
- As a participant, you must be able to view the instructor and visuals aids.
- To receive STARS credit, you will be required to participate in a variety of ways such as: through discussion and activities, typing comments in the chats and making liberal use of the “reactions” button.
- Requirements: stable internet access, audio via phone or speaker, and an email address.
Date: May 3, 2022 & May 17, 2022
Time: 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Trainer: Julie Wasilewski and Ashley Stalder
Core Competencies: Child, Growth and Development and Curriculum and Learning Environment
Location: Online training via Zoom video conferencing
Registration deadline: 04/29/2022
Looking for something else? Click here to be directed to the full training calendar.
- Up to $250 fee reimbursement may be available through MERIT.
- Registration and payment required 48 hours in advance
- Full refunds for cancellations are only issued with at least one day advance notice.
- Sorry, no refunds are available for last minute cancellations or no-shows. Those arriving more than 15 minutes late will not receive STARS hours or a refund.
- Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar and registrants will be notified.
- You should receive an automatic confirmation email within minutes of registering. If you do not receive one, please check your spam or junk mail folders first, then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for us to resend.
- Sorry! For online trainings it is not possible to register and pay for more than one person at a time. Please submit a separate registration for each person attending. Thanks!