Teaching Strategies GOLD™: Introduction for Teachers (Day 2)
This two-day session introduces teachers to GOLD®, the authentic, ongoing, observation-based, developmentally appropriate assessment solution of children from birth through third grade. Through video clips, smallgroup work, and facilitator-led discussions, teachers will explore the structure, features, and functionality of the tool and practice using it to follow the four-step assessment cycle. Hands-on activities include observing children and writing objective observation notes, evaluating a child portfolio, and communicating assessment information with families. By the end of the session, teachers will have the basic skills they need to begin implementing GOLD® in their classrooms.
All participants must have an active TSG username. Please confirm that you have a TSG user name by typing: “Yes, I have a TSG username” in the registration form below. Thank you!
Date: July 8 & 9, 2021
Time: 8:30 am - 11:30 am
Trainer: Dawn Hendricks
Core Competencies: Ongoing Measurement of Child Progress, Level 3
- Up to $250 fee reimbursement may be available through MERIT.
- Registration and payment required 48 hours in advance
- Full refunds for cancellations are only issued with at least one day advance notice.
- Sorry, no refunds are available for last minute cancellations or no-shows. Those arriving more than 15 minutes late will not receive STARS hours or a refund.
- Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar and registrants will be notified.
- You should receive an automatic confirmation email within minutes of registering. If you do not receive one, please check your spam or junk mail folders first, then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for us to resend.
- Sorry! For online trainings it is not possible to register and pay for more than one person at a time. Please submit a separate registration for each person attending. Thanks!