Preventing Suspensions & Expulsion Session Series
We know that young children thrive in the context of stable, supportive relationships with adults who love, teach, and care for them. Expulsions and suspensions in early childhood education both threaten the development of these positive relationships and are a result of the lack of positive relationships between educators, families and children.
In this first training, participants will focus on the importance of understanding what Developmentally Appropriate Practice is and how, through discussion and implementation, they begin to create a classroom that recognizes the needs of all young children and how they learn. This will help participants create an equitable learning environment that focuses on the whole child.
Registering for this session will enroll you in all six sessions of the series:
- September 12: Developmentally Appropriate Practices
- October 3: Why Observation Matters
- October 24: ASQ Screening
- November 14: Environments Where Everyone is Welcome
- December 5: Interactions and Relationships
- January 9: Challenging Behaviors
The 6-session cohort is worth 15 STARS hours and attendance at all is required for completion. Please contact your Early Learning Coach or one of the course trainers for more information: Ashley Stalder, Ashley_Stalder@oppco.org, or Charlotte Zissel, Charlotte_Zissel@oppco.org.
This series is open to licensed Family Child Care providers who attended the August 3, 2022 orientation.
Date: September 12, 2022
Time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Trainer: Charlotte Zissel & Ashley Stalder
Core Competencies: Child Growth and Development 2-3
- Up to $250 fee reimbursement may be available through MERIT.
- Registration and payment required 48 hours in advance
- Full refunds for cancellations are only issued with at least one day advance notice.
- Sorry, no refunds are available for last minute cancellations or no-shows. Those arriving more than 15 minutes late will not receive STARS hours or a refund.
- You should receive an automatic confirmation email within minutes of registering. If you do not receive one, please check your spam or junk mail folders first, then contact us at email@example.com for us to resend.
- Sorry! For online trainings it is not possible to register and pay for more than one person at a time. Please submit a separate registration for each person attending. Thanks!