Powerful Interactions: How to Connect with Children to Extend Their Learning Book Study
Powerful Interactions are the basis of promoting early learning through relationships with children, families, and colleagues. Engaging children with intention makes a difference in how and what they learn about themselves, others and the world. In this training series we will read and discuss NAEYC’s Powerful Interactions: How to Connect with Children to Extend Their Learning (2nd Ed) by L. Dombro, J. Jablon, and C. Stetson. We will learn about the importance of supporting children based on the decisions of how we perceive interacting with children. Participants will engage in discussion and reflection on the latest research around the impacts on child development, including their learning for today and the future. The book is included with this course. When filling out the registration, please complete with your full mailing address where we can send the book.
Total STARS hours are based on 1 1/2 hour sessions plus an additional 30 minutes each session to complete the assigned reading.
- The training will take place as a live, online class (it will not be recorded). Those who register and pay will be emailed a link to register with Zoom, our online platform. This training will also mail out a book to the address you provide at registration.
- To receive STARS credit, you will be required to participate by typing comments or participating in discussions.
- Requirements: stable internet access, audio via phone or speaker, and an email address.
- As a participant, you must be able to view the instructor and visuals aids.
- You will not be required to show yourself on camera, but it can be nice to have face-to-face contact.
- Tips for participating in the class will be emailed to you the week of the training.
Start Date: January 13, 2022
All Dates: 1/13/22, 1/27/22, 2/10/22, 2/24/22
Time: 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Trainer: Julie Wasilewski
Core Competencies: Interactions, Levels 3-4, Professional Leadership and Development, Levels 3-4
Location: Online training via Zoom video conferencing
Registration Deadline: January 7, 2022
Looking for something else? Click here to be directed to the full training calendar.
- Up to $250 fee reimbursement may be available through MERIT.
- Registration and payment required 48 hours in advance
- Full refunds for cancellations are only issued with at least one day advance notice.
- Sorry, no refunds are available for last minute cancellations or no-shows. Those arriving more than 15 minutes late will not receive STARS hours or a refund.
- Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar and registrants will be notified.
- You should receive an automatic confirmation email within minutes of registering. If you do not receive one, please check your spam or junk mail folders first, then contact us at email@example.com for us to resend.
- Sorry! For online trainings it is not possible to register and pay for more than one person at a time. Please submit a separate registration for each person attending. Thanks!