Online: The Power of Assessment
How do you know that the children in your care are thriving and making progress in all areas of their development? Implementing effective assessment methods is the key to this knowledge. Learn the whys and hows of planning for assessment, effective observation, and the gathering and organizing of documentation. Increase the level of professionalism in your child care program. Must attend both sessions to receive STARS credit.
This class will take place in 2 sessions, 11/10/20 and 11/12/20, as a live, online class (it will not be recorded). Those who register and pay will be emailed a link to register again with Zoom, our online platform. To receive STARS credit, you will be required to participate in this session by typing comments or participating in surveys, polls, and discussions. Requirements: stable internet access, audio via phone or speaker, and an email address. As a participant, you must be able to view the instructor and visuals aids. You will not be required to show yourself on camera, but it can be nice to have face-to-face contact. Tips for participating in the class will be emailed to you the week of the training.
Dates: November 10 and November 12, 2020
Time: 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Trainer: Josephine Escalante
Core Competencies: Level II-III - Ongoing Measurement of Child Progress
- Up to $250 fee reimbursement may be available through MERIT.
- Registration and payment required 48 hours in advance
- Full refunds for cancellations are only issued with at least one day advance notice.
- Sorry, no refunds are available for last minute cancellations or no-shows. Those arriving more than 15 minutes late will not receive a certificate or refund.
- Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar and registrants will be notified.
- You should receive an automatic confirmation email within minutes of registering. If you do not receive one, please check your spam or junk mail folders first, then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for us to resend.
- For online trainings: your confirmation email will give you the next required steps to receive your Zoom link. Therefore, registration is only available on an individual basis. Group registration will resume once we are back to in-person trainings.