Math in Nature
The natural environment is rich in opportunities to engage with young children in developing an understanding of concepts and supporting development of skills in mathematics. Learn about the OSPI Learning Pathways in Numeracy to help guide teachers in planning developmentally appropriate math experiences with children birth through 5. Explore math activities using materials from nature or experiences conducted in nature focused on: counting and cardinality, measurement and data, and geometry. Bring it all together as you use the Learning Pathways for Mathematical Practices to complete a plan for how to include math in nature with children in your classroom.
Date: November 16, 2019
Time: 9:30 am - 11:30 am
Trainer: Jamie Ashton
The Funhouse 30 Pea Patch Lane
- Up to $250 fee reimbursement may be available through MERIT.
- Please register at least 48 hours in advance
- Registration not accepted at class - please do not show up without registering first
- Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar and registrants will be notified
- Full refunds will only be issued by calling by noon the day before class. No refunds are given after the noon deadline
- We love children, but not in our classes please.
- If you do not receive an email confirming your registration, please contact us at 360.734.8396 ext 227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.