Introduction to Best Practices: Language and Literacy
This is one of six modules in the Best Practices Series that supports Early Achievers by emphasizing high-quality adult practices measured by the Environment Rating Scale (ERS-3). This session will introduce best practices for engaging in rich interactions to promote language and literacy development. We will explore what research says about how children learn, what adults can do to prepare the environment for success, and how adult-child interactions can complement children’s learning without interrupting it.
This class will take place from 6:00 to 8:00 pm as a live, online class (it will not be recorded). Those who register and pay will be emailed a link to register with Zoom, our online platform.
To receive STARS credit, you will be required to participate by typing comments or participating in discussions. Requirements: stable internet access, audio via phone or speaker, and an email address. As a participant, you must be able to view the instructor and visuals aids. You will not be required to show yourself on camera, but it can be nice to have face-to-face contact. Tips for participating in the class will be emailed to you the week of the training.
Date: August 12, 2020
Time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Trainer: Kat Kayser
Core Competencies: Curriculum & Learning Environment, Level 2
- Up to $250 fee reimbursement may be available through MERIT.
- Registration and payment required 48 hours in advance
- Full refunds for cancellations are only issued with at least one day advance notice.
- Sorry, no refunds are available for last minute cancellations or no-shows. Those arriving more than 15 minutes late will not receive STARS hours or a refund.
- Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar and registrants will be notified.
- You should receive an automatic confirmation email within minutes of registering. If you do not receive one, please check your spam or junk mail folders first, then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for us to resend.
- Sorry! For online trainings it is not possible to register and pay for more than one person at a time. Please submit a separate registration for each person attending. Thanks!