Implementing Emergent Curriculum
This two-session training (10/20 & 10/27) covers the history and basic philosophy of emergent curriculum as well as the role of the teacher, the role of the child and the role of the environment. It takes a closer look at stages of play and development in addition to NAEYC’s Developmentally Appropriate Practices Position Statement. Participants will explore how to use observation to determine the interests and developmental progress of children to create curriculum mapping and lesson planning. Leave this training with goals to implement emergent curriculum strategies and a lesson plan for next week!
This class will take place as a live, online class (it will not be recorded). Those who register and pay will be emailed a link to register again with Zoom, our online platform. To receive STARS credit, you will be required to participate in this session by typing comments or participating in surveys, polls, and discussions. Requirements: stable internet access, audio via phone or speaker, and an email address. As a participant, you must be able to view the instructor and visuals aids. You will not be required to show yourself on camera, but it can be nice to have face-to-face contact. Tips for participating in the class will be emailed to you the week of the training.
Date: October 20 and October 27
Time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Trainer: Jaime Thompson
Core Competencies: Level IV - Curriculum and Learning Environment
- Up to $250 fee reimbursement may be available through MERIT.
- Registration and payment required 48 hours in advance
- Full refunds for cancellations are only issued with at least one day advance notice.
- Sorry, no refunds are available for last minute cancellations or no-shows. Those arriving more than 15 minutes late will not receive a certificate or refund.
- Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar and registrants will be notified.
- You should receive an automatic confirmation email within minutes of registering. If you do not receive one, please check your spam or junk mail folders first, then contact us at email@example.com for us to resend.
- For online trainings: your confirmation email will give you the next required steps to receive your Zoom link. Therefore, registration is only available on an individual basis. Group registration will resume once we are back to in-person trainings.