Anti-Bias Series: Gender Inclusive Practices
Join trainers Jaime Thompson and Kat Kayser to reflect on and discuss how to avoid bias in early learning programs and build a culture of inclusivity for all children, families, and peers.
“Gender-inclusive spaces allow children to easily move between roles or materials commonly regarded as male or female without any gendered expectations or barriers” (Kroeger, Recker, and Gunn, 2019). Participants will examine recommendations for gender inclusivity and engage in small group discussions and self-reflection to determine areas for improvement to enhance anti-bias curriculum and classroom practices.
Before the training, participants will read “Tate and the Pink Coat Experiment.”
Date: December 1, 2020
Time: 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Trainer: Jaime Thompson and Kat Kayser
Core Competencies: Level IV - Curriculum and Learning Environment
- Up to $250 fee reimbursement may be available through MERIT.
- Registration and payment required 48 hours in advance
- Full refunds for cancellations are only issued with at least one day advance notice.
- Sorry, no refunds are available for last minute cancellations or no-shows. Those arriving more than 15 minutes late will not receive STARS hours or a refund.
- Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar and registrants will be notified.
- You should receive an automatic confirmation email within minutes of registering. If you do not receive one, please check your spam or junk mail folders first, then contact us at email@example.com for us to resend.
- Sorry! For online trainings it is not possible to register and pay for more than one person at a time. Please submit a separate registration for each person attending. Thanks!