Enhancing Quality of Early Learning Year 1, Part 1: Responsive Caregiving & Culturally Responsive Practices
We’re sorry but this training is now full. If you need both Part 1 and Part 2, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on both waiting lists.
This training registers you for the first five hours for Enhancing Quality of Early Learning Year 1, or EQEL. It covers Responsive Caregiving & Culturally Responsive Practices over two sessions: April 22 and April 29, 2021.
Who should take this training?
Unless an approved alternative was met, the following roles hired after August 1, 2019 must complete EQEL: assistant teacher, lead teacher, family home licensee, program supervisor, assistant director, and center director. Alternatives include an ECE Short or State certificate.
- Describe culture and what it means to be culturally responsive
- Articulate personal values, culture and biases
- Use culturally responsive practices to include culture in family engagement and children’s curriculum and environment
- Describe brain building practices
- Recognize serve and return interactions to foster brain building
- Plan brain build practices for children
- Describe executive functioning.
- Apply skills to impact development of children’s executive functioning skills.
- Use games, activities and strategies that support focus, attention and self-control.
- Develop a plan for individual well-being.
- Describe trauma and its effects on children, families, and programs.
- Use techniques to provide responsive caregiving.
*This registers you for 5 hour EQEL Part 1, training divided over Sessions A & B. To complete the full 10 hour EQEL training, you will want to take Part 2, Sessions A & B as well.
Date: April 22 and April 29, 2021
Time: 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Trainer: Elyssa Yunker
Core Competencies: Level 2: Growth and Development, Curriculum and Learning Environment, Families and Community Partnerships, Interactions.
- Registration required 48 hours in advance
- Full refunds for cancellations are only issued with at least one day advance notice.
- Sorry, no refunds are available for last minute cancellations or no-shows. Those arriving more than 15 minutes late will not receive STARS hours or a refund.
- Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar and registrants will be notified.
- You should receive an automatic confirmation email within minutes of registering. If you do not receive one, please check your spam or junk mail folders first, then contact us at email@example.com.
- Sorry! For online trainings it is not possible to register or pay for more than one person at a time. Please submit a separate registration for each person attending. Thanks!