Enhancing the Quality of Early Learning (EQEL) – First 10 hours
ONLINE Training for new providers – Enhancing the Quality of Early Learning (EQEL) – First 10 Hours.
- EQEL, or an approved alternative, is required for all new early learning professionals in the roles of director, assistant director, program supervisor, family home owner, lead teacher and assistant teacher.
- EQEL includes foundational best practices about quality environments and early learning that builds on what is introduced in Child Care Basics.
Year 1: Culturally Responsive Practices, Brain Building, Executive Functioning, and Responsive Caregiving.
Year 2: Engaging Environments and Interactions, and Positive Behavior Support.
- EQEL is a 20-hour series that meets in-service training requirements and can be completed in two years.
This is a pilot of the newly developed content for year one. This training will be held 6:00-8:30 pm on 10/21, 11/4, 11/18, and 12/2, and you must attend all sessions to receive credit. It will introduce the fundamentals of continuous quality improvement and address the year one content areas listed above: Culturally Responsive Practices, Brain Building, Executive Functioning, and Responsive Caregiving. Registering for the first session registers you for all four dates.
Who is this for and can I register?
- This class is only open to new teachers who are required by WAC to take it. If you have questions about whether you are required to attend this class, contact your licensor or consult the DCYF website here.
- To register, please fill out the registration below to be put on the waiting list. When we can verify that you meet the requirements for this training, your registration will be approved and you will receive an email letting you know.
How Can I take EQEL?
- Year one is offered now with limited availability as part of a pilot. Statewide availability will begin in January 2021.
- Year two will be available Fall 2021.
Additional information you may find useful:
- An online version that can be completed on your own time will be available March 2021 on the DCYF training portal.
Dates: 10/21, 11/4, 11/18, and 12/2
Time: 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Trainer: Julie Wasilewski
Core Competencies: n/a
- Up to $250 fee reimbursement may be available through MERIT.
- Registration and payment required 48 hours in advance
- Full refunds for cancellations are only issued with at least one day advance notice.
- Sorry, no refunds are available for last minute cancellations or no-shows. Those arriving more than 15 minutes late will not receive STARS hours or a refund.
- Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar and registrants will be notified.
- You should receive an automatic confirmation email within minutes of registering. If you do not receive one, please check your spam or junk mail folders first, then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for us to resend.
- Sorry! For online trainings it is not possible to register and pay for more than one person at a time. Please submit a separate registration for each person attending. Thanks!