Conscious Discipline – Friday Harbor Session 8
Each childcare program or classroom has its own culture that supports behavioral patterns that aid or impede learning. Conscious Discipline teaches how to intentionally build a culture of learning.
Conscious Discipline® is an evidence-based, trauma-informed approach. It is recognized by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration’s (SAMHSA’s) National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices and received high ratings in a Harvard analysis of the nation’s top 25 social-emotional learning programs.
In these sessions we will explore:
- traditional and conscious discipline techniques
- understanding more about the brain’s ability to process discipline
- ways to create a connected culture
- our own composure
- becoming assertive
- allowing choices
- developing empathy
- looking for positive intent
- the effective use of consequences
The class fee includes a Conscious Discipline workbook for each program. Full MERIT reimbursement is available after the first session for those who have not already received STARS reimbursement for 2019-20120 fiscal year. MERIT reimburses up to $250 per fiscal year.
Date: February 13, 2020
Time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Trainer: Melanie Coyne
Core Competencies: Interactions: Providing Individual Guidance, Level 2
Location:Skagit Valley College – San Juan Center 221 Weber Way
- Up to $250 fee reimbursement may be available through MERIT.
- Please register at least 48 hours in advance
- Registration not accepted at class - please do not show up without registering first
- Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar and registrants will be notified
- Full refunds will only be issued by calling by noon the day before class. No refunds are given after the noon deadline
- We love children, but not in our classes please.
- If you do not receive an email confirming your registration, please contact us at 360.734.8396 ext 227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.