Conscious Discipline – Everett (Cancelled)
For the health and safety of staff and participants, this training has been cancelled this spring. Thank you for understanding!
Each childcare program or classroom has its own culture that supports behavioral patterns that aid or impede learning. Conscious Discipline teaches how to intentionally build a culture of learning.
Conscious Discipline® is an evidence-based, trauma-informed approach. It is recognized by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration’s (SAMHSA’s) National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices, and received high ratings in a Harvard analysis of the nation’s top 25 social-emotional learning programs. In these sessions we will explore:
- traditional and conscious discipline techniques
- understanding more about the brain’s ability to process discipline
- ways to create a connected culture
- our own composure
- becoming assertive
- allowing choices
- developing empathy
- looking for positive intent
- the effective use of consequences
This training includes 10 modules (8 sessions) covered over three months for 20 hours of professional learning. Sessions are held on selected Wednesdays and Saturdays, and location varies by date. Dates include March 25, April 1, April 4, April 25, April 29, May 6, May 13, and May 20. Wednesday sessions will be located at Everett Public Schools Community Resource Center from 6:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m. and Saturday sessions will be held at Everett Community College from 9:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m. More Details will be provided upon registration.
The class fee includes a Conscious Discipline workbook for each participant. Full MERIT reimbursement is available after the first session for those who have not already received STARS reimbursement for 2019-2020 fiscal year. MERIT reimburses up to $250 per fiscal year.
Date: March 25, 2020
Time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Trainer: Pat Cavit
Core Competencies: Level 2: Child Growth & Development, Curriculum Learning Development, Interactions
Location:Everett School District Community Resource Center (CRC) 3900 Broadway
- Up to $250 fee reimbursement may be available through MERIT.
- Please register at least 48 hours in advance
- Registration not accepted at class - please do not show up without registering first
- Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar and registrants will be notified
- Full refunds will only be issued by calling by noon the day before class. No refunds are given after the noon deadline
- We love children, but not in our classes please.
- If you do not receive an email confirming your registration, please contact us at 360.734.8396 ext 227 or email@example.com.