Conscious Discipline – Everett (Cancelled)
For the health and safety of staff and participants, this training has been cancelled this spring. Thank you for understanding!
Each childcare program or classroom has its own culture that supports behavioral patterns that aid or impede learning. Conscious Discipline teaches how to intentionally build a culture of learning.
Conscious Discipline® is an evidence-based, trauma-informed approach. It is recognized by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration’s (SAMHSA’s) National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices, and received high ratings in a Harvard analysis of the nation’s top 25 social-emotional learning programs. In these sessions we will explore:
- traditional and conscious discipline techniques
- understanding more about the brain’s ability to process discipline
- ways to create a connected culture
- our own composure
- becoming assertive
- allowing choices
- developing empathy
- looking for positive intent
- the effective use of consequences
This training includes 10 modules (8 sessions) covered over three months for 20 hours of professional learning. Sessions are held on selected Wednesdays and Saturdays, and location varies by date. Dates include March 25, April 1, April 4, April 25, April 29, May 6, May 13, and May 20. Wednesday sessions will be located at Everett Public Schools Community Resource Center from 6:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m. and Saturday sessions will be held at Everett Community College from 9:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m. More Details will be provided upon registration.
The class fee includes a Conscious Discipline workbook for each participant. Full MERIT reimbursement is available after the first session for those who have not already received STARS reimbursement for 2019-2020 fiscal year. MERIT reimburses up to $250 per fiscal year.
Date: March 25, 2020
Time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Trainer: Pat Cavit
Core Competencies: Level 2: Child Growth & Development, Curriculum Learning Development, Interactions
- Up to $250 fee reimbursement may be available through MERIT.
- Registration and payment required 48 hours in advance
- Full refunds for cancellations are only issued with at least one day advance notice.
- Sorry, no refunds are available for last minute cancellations or no-shows. Those arriving more than 15 minutes late will not receive STARS hours or a refund.
- Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar and registrants will be notified.
- You should receive an automatic confirmation email within minutes of registering. If you do not receive one, please check your spam or junk mail folders first, then contact us at email@example.com for us to resend.
- Sorry! For online trainings it is not possible to register and pay for more than one person at a time. Please submit a separate registration for each person attending. Thanks!