Conscious Discipline Book Study (Connection, second Zoom)
Conscious Discipline Book Study is a four part series to be offered
year. Registering for the first section also registered you for the other three sections. By completing all four sections, you will earn 20 STARS hours.
We’re sorry, but registration is no longer available.
- Introduction- December 3rd- January 12th
- Safety – January 29th – February 16th
- Connection – March 12th to April 14th
- Problem Solving – May 7th to May 25th
Part three of this training covers chapters 6, 7, and 8 of the book, Conscious Discipline: Building Resilient Classrooms by Dr. Becky Bailey. Partially self-paced, similar to a book study, and supplemented with two online virtual meetings to engage in peer interaction and discussion, this course will use Google Classrooms and Zoom to support participants in learning content from the first section of Conscious Discipline. Each participant will receive the book, Conscious Discipline: Building Resilient Classrooms by Dr. Becky A. Bailey (price included in cost of training).
Schedule of events for section three:
- Read Chapter 6 and complete the online lesson by March 12.
- Online Group Discussion: March 16 from 6— 7:30pm.
- Read Chapter 7 (pp. 194–217) and complete the online coursework by March 26.
- Read Chapter 8 (pp. 218–251) and complete the online coursework by April 9.
- Online Group Discussion: April 20 from 6— 7:30pm.
This class will take place as a live, online class (it will not be recorded). Those who register and pay will be emailed a link to register again with Zoom, our online platform. To receive STARS credit, you will be required to participate in the online sessions by typing comments or participating in surveys, polls, and discussions. Requirements: stable internet access, audio via phone or speaker, and an email address. As a participant, you must be able to view the instructor and visuals aids. You will not be required to show yourself on camera, but it can be nice to have face-to-face contact. Tips for participating in the class will be emailed to you the week of the training.