Conscious Discipline Class Series – Week 7
Each childcare program or classroom has its own culture. This culture supports behavioral patterns that aid or impede learning in our programs. Conscious Discipline helps teachers become skilled at how to intentionally build a culture of learning. To successfully teach a life skill we must model and demonstrate it in daily life.
Conscious Discipline® is an evidence-based, trauma-informed approach. It is recognized by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration’s (SAMHSA’s) National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices, and received high ratings in a Harvard analysis of the nation’s top 25 social-emotional learning programs.
This training includes 10 sessions over 10 weeks for 20 hours of professional learning, and participants agree to attend to set dates and times. The class fee includes a Conscious Discipline workbook for each participant. Full MERIT reimbursement is available after the first session for those who have not already received STARS reimbursement for 2018-2019 fiscal year. MERIT reimburses up to $250 per fiscal year.
Clock hours will be available through Bellingham Technical College for an additional $15 and registering through the college. Please inquire if interested.
In these sessions we will explore:
- traditional and conscious discipline techniques
- understand more about the brain’s ability to process discipline
- ways to create a connected culture
- our own composure
- becoming assertive
- allowing choices
- developing empathy
- looking for positive intent
- the effective use of consequences
Date: May 21, 2019
Time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Trainer: Bracken Marren & Pat Cavit
- Up to $250 fee reimbursement may be available through MERIT.
- Registration and payment required 48 hours in advance
- Full refunds for cancellations are only issued with at least one day advance notice.
- Sorry, no refunds are available for last minute cancellations or no-shows.