Child Care Basics
Are you interested in working with children?
Do you want to learn about working in a Child Care Center?
Do you want to learn about Family Home Child Care?
…then Child Care Basics is for you!
Child Care Basics is a Washington State 30-hour required training for Child Care Center and Family Home Child Care Staff. The training will be held on three Saturdays: March 16, March 30, and April 13. Participants must attend all three sessions to complete course.
Child Care Basics prepares future early learning professionals to care for children as they gain knowledge about child development. Participants will learn how to plan engaging activities, guide appropriate behavior, and maintain healthy environments. Interactive learning activities, video clips, discussion questions, and additional resources provide a variety of learning opportunities. The curriculum is designed to meet the needs and licensing requirements of both child care center staff and family home child care providers.
This is an in-person training with significant reading and homework requirements (approximately 9-12 hours).
Up to $250 fee reimbursement may be available through MERIT. Payment options may also be available through the Basic Food Employment and Training (BFET) Program or WorkFirst. Contact Rae Larson at email@example.com or (360) 734-8396 ext 430 with questions.
Date: March 16, 2019
Time: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Trainer: Anastasia Vitovitz
STARS: The completed course satisfies the State licensing requirement for child care providers.
Goodwill – Bellingham
1115 E Sunset Drive
Bellingham WA 98226
- Up to $250 fee reimbursement may be available through MERIT.
- Registration and payment required 48 hours in advance
- Full refunds for cancellations are only issued with at least one day advance notice.
- Sorry, no refunds are available for last minute cancellations or no-shows. Participants arriving more than 15 minutes late will not receive STARS hours or a refund.
- You should receive an automatic confirmation email within minutes of registering. Otherwise, please check your spam or junk mail folders, then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you did not receive it.
- Sorry! For online trainings it is not possible to register and pay for more than one person at a time. Please submit a separate registration for each person attending. Thanks!