Date: Enroll by August 1. Complete by August 31, 2022.
Facilitator: Jodi Escalante
Sorry! This class is full. Please see DCYF for other upcoming dates.
Child Care Basics (CCB) is the initial training to meet part of the health and safety requirements for providers working in licensed early learning programs. This 30-hour series prepares early learning professionals to be knowledgeable of child development, resourceful in planning activities, skilled in guiding behavior, and able to maintain healthy environments. Child Care Basics is based on Washington State’s Core Competencies for Early Care and Education Professionals. Interactive learning activities, video clips, discussion questions, and additional resources provide a variety of learning opportunities. The curriculum is designed to meet the needs of both childcare center staff and family home childcare providers.
Child Care Aware of NW Washington offers Child Care Basics as an online, self-paced course through the DCYF Training Portal during the month of August. Please be aware that you must complete all online assignments between August 1 and August 31 to receive credit for this course.
- Log into the DCYF Training site at www.dcyftraining.com. If you do not have an account yet, you can create one here.
- In the Catalogue section on the left side, click on the Cohorts subtab
- Under Role, select Licensed Child Care
- To enroll in this particular Child Care Basics offering, click “Child Care Basics (CCA) Cohort #1 (8/1/22-8/31/22) – Jodi Escalante”. There may be other Child Care Basics offerings listed.
- Click the blue Register button to enroll. After registering, please wait until you get an email saying you have been admitted to the course. Once that happens, the cohort will be listed under the In Progress section in your DCYF training portal account. You can access the training modules on the start date of the cohort (August1).