Safety, Connection, and Problem Solving: Conscious Discipline Four-part Book Study
You are invited to join us as we delve into the concepts of Conscious Discipline: Building Resilient Classrooms by Dr. Becky A. Bailey. Each child care program or classroom has its own culture that supports behavioral patterns and impacts learning. Conscious Discipline teaches how to intentionally build a positive culture of learning.
In this series, participants will read and study at their own pace, as well as engage in online group discussions via Google Classrooms and Zoom. A copy of Conscious Discipline: Building Resilient Classrooms is included in the cost of the training.
Part 1: Introduction: December 3 – January 12
- Introductory Zoom Meeting: Thursday, December 3, 6–7 pm
- Read Chapter 1 and complete the online lesson by Friday, December 11
- Read Chapter 2 and complete the online lesson by Friday, December 18
- Read Chapter 3 and complete the online lesson by Friday, January 8
- Online Group Discussion: Tuesday, January 12 from 6–8pm
Part 2: Safety: January 29 – February 16
- Read Chapter 4 and complete the online lesson by January 29
- Online Group Discussion: February 2nd from 6–7:30pm
- Read Chapter 5 and complete the online coursework by February 12
- Online Group Discussion: February 16th from 6–7:30pm
Part 3: Connection: March 12 – April 14
- Read Chapter 6 and complete the online lesson by March 12
- Online Group Discussion: March 16 from 6–7:30pm
- Read Chapter 7 and complete the online lesson by March 26
- Read Chapter 8 and complete the online lesson by April 9
- Online Group Discussion: April 13 from 6–7:30pm
Part 4: Problem Solving: May 7 – May 25
- Read chapter 9 and complete the online lesson by May 7
- Online Group Discussion: May 11 from 6–7:30pm
- Read Chapter 10 and complete the online lesson by May 2
- Online Group Discussion: May 25 from 6–7:30pm
This class will take place as a live, online class (it will not be recorded). Those who register and pay will be emailed a link to register again with Zoom, our online platform. To receive STARS credit, you will be required to participate in the online sessions by typing comments or participating in surveys, polls, and discussions. Requirements: stable internet access, audio via phone or speaker, and an email address. As a participant, you must be able to view the instructor and visuals aids. You will not be required to show yourself on camera, but it can be nice to have face-to-face contact. Tips for participating in the class will be emailed to you the week of the training.
Start Date: December 3, 2020
Time: 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Trainer: Jaime Thompson
Core Competencies: Interactions: Providing Individual Guidance, Level 2
- Up to $250 fee reimbursement may be available through MERIT.
- Registration and payment required 48 hours in advance
- Full refunds for cancellations are only issued with at least one day advance notice.
- Sorry, no refunds are available for last minute cancellations or no-shows. Registrants arriving more than 15 minutes late will not receive STARS hours or a refund.
- Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar and registrants will be notified.
- You should receive an automatic confirmation email within minutes of registering. If you do not receive one, please check your spam or junk mail folders first, then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sorry! For online trainings it is not possible to register and pay for more than one person at a time. Please submit a separate registration for each person attending. Thanks!