Anti-Bias Series: The Role of the Leader
“Anti-bias leadership builds on the core principles and best leadership practices of the early childhood care and education field.” (Derman-Sparks, Leekeenan, and Nimmo 2015).
Join us to explore anti-bias reflection and practices to improve leadership in your program. There is a pre-reading component of the NAEYC article, “Building Anti-Bias Early Childhood Programs: The Role of the Leader” by Louise Derman-Sparks, Debbie Leekeenan, and John Nimmo (2015). Through review of the article and self-reflection, participants will identify key areas to create goals for their programs for improvement.
You may also consider taking the other trainings from this series: Learning about Class and Fairness, and Reading Your Way to a Culturally Responsive Classroom.
Date: April 13, 2021
Time: 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Trainer: Kat Kayser & Jaime Thompson
Core Competencies: Professional Development and Leadership Level 3
- Up to $250 fee reimbursement may be available through MERIT.
- Registration and payment required 48 hours in advance
- Full refunds for cancellations are only issued with at least one day advance notice.
- Sorry, no refunds are available for last minute cancellations or no-shows. Those arriving more than 15 minutes late will not receive STARS hours or a refund.
- Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar and registrants will be notified.
- You should receive an automatic confirmation email within minutes of registering. If you do not receive one, please check your spam or junk mail folders first, then contact us at email@example.com for us to resend.
- Sorry! For online trainings it is not possible to register and pay for more than one person at a time. Please submit a separate registration for each person attending. Thanks!