Anti-bias Classroom Series: Four Core Goals
To be effective, anti-bias education works as an underpinning perspective, which permeates everything that happens in an early childhood program—including your interactions with children, families and coworkers—and shapes how you put curriculum together each day (Derman-Sparks & Edwards, 2019). This training will support you to begin the journey toward anti-bias curriculum in your classroom. Participants will read the article, “Understanding Anti-bias Education: Bringing the Four Core Goals to Every Facet of Your Curriculum” prior to the training date. In class, there will be reflection with peers in discussion that will enhance curricula offerings to all children.
This class will take place as a live, online class (it will not be recorded). Those who register and pay will be emailed a link to register again with Zoom, our online platform. To receive STARS credit, you will be required to participate in this session by typing comments or participating in surveys, polls, and discussions. Requirements: stable internet access, audio via phone or speaker, and an email address. As a participant, you must be able to view the instructor and visuals aids. You will not be required to show yourself on camera, but it can be nice to have face-to-face contact. Tips for participating in the class will be emailed to you the week of the training.
Date: November 10, 2020
Time: 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Trainer: Jaime Thompson & Kat Kayser
Core Competencies: Level IV - Curriculum and Learning Environment
- Up to $250 fee reimbursement may be available through MERIT.
- Registration and payment required 48 hours in advance
- Full refunds for cancellations are only issued with at least one day advance notice.
- Sorry, no refunds are available for last minute cancellations or no-shows. Those arriving more than 15 minutes late will not receive STARS hours or a refund.
- Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar and registrants will be notified.
- You should receive an automatic confirmation email within minutes of registering. If you do not receive one, please check your spam or junk mail folders first, then contact us at email@example.com for us to resend.
- Sorry! For online trainings it is not possible to register and pay for more than one person at a time. Please submit a separate registration for each person attending. Thanks!