Conscious Discipline – Mt. Vernon (Class Full)
Each childcare program or classroom has its own culture that supports behavioral patterns that aid or impede learning. Conscious Discipline helps teachers become aware of and skilled at how to intentionally build a culture of learning. To successfully teach a life skill we must model and demonstrate it in daily life. Conscious Discipline® is an evidence-based, trauma-informed approach. It is recognized by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration’s (SAMHSA’s) National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices, and received high ratings in a Harvard analysis of the nation’s top 25 social-emotional learning programs.
This is a 5-week session over three months for 20 hours of professional learning:
January 12, session 1 & 2
January 19, session 3 & 4
February 9, (rescheduled due to snow)
February 16, session 5 & 6
March 9, session 7 & 8
March 16, session 9 & 10 (make-up day due to snow)
In these sessions we will explore:
- traditional and conscious discipline techniques
- understand more about the brain’s ability to process discipline
- ways to create a connected culture
- our own composure
- becoming assertive
- allowing choices
- developing empathy
- looking for positive intent
- the effective use of consequences
The class fee includes a Conscious Discipline workbook for each participant. Full MERIT reimbursement is available after the first session for those who have not already received STARS reimbursement for 2018-19 fiscal year. MERIT reimburses up to $250 per fiscal year.
Date: February 9, 2019
Time: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Trainer: Melanie Coyne & Ady Walker
Child Care Aware – Skagit Office 415 W Gates Street
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
- Up to $250 fee reimbursement may be available through MERIT.
- Please register at least 48 hours in advance
- Registration not accepted at class - please do not show up without registering first
- Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar and registrants will be notified
- Full refunds will only be issued by calling by noon the day before class. No refunds are given after the noon deadline
- We love children, but not in our classes please.
- If you do not receive an email confirming your registration, please contact us at 360.734.8396 ext 227 or email@example.com.