Part 2 – Promoting STEM Through Beautiful Things: Open-Ended Materials and Loose Parts
Promoting STEM Through Beautiful Things is the second part of STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Math) in early care and education. It is designed to promote engaging environments and quality interactions that meet ERS (Environment Rating Scale) and CLASS (Classroom Assessment Scoring System) standards. Using open ended materials encourages children to explore, create, and participate in projects and investigations that revolve around the many aspects of STEM . The training covers theories of play, how open ended materials promote child development, and using the materials to meet ERS and CLASS standards.
Participants are encouraged to attend the STEM in Early Care and Education coming up on January 17, 2019 (or previously held on October 11, 2018).
Date: January 31, 2019
Time: 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Trainer: Ralicia (Rali) Preisinger
Everett School District Community Resource Center (CRC) 3900 Broadway
- Up to $250 fee reimbursement may be available through MERIT.
- Please register at least 48 hours in advance
- Registration not accepted at class - please do not show up without registering first
- Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar and registrants will be notified
- Full refunds will only be issued by calling by noon the day before class. No refunds are given after the noon deadline
- We love children, but not in our classes please.
- If you do not receive an email confirming your registration, please contact us at 360.734.8396 ext 227 or email@example.com.