Conscious Discipline – Lynnwood
Each childcare program or classroom has its own culture that supports behavioral patterns that aid or impede learning. Conscious Discipline helps teachers skilled at how to intentionally build a culture of learning. To successfully teach a life skill we must model and demonstrate it in daily life. Conscious Discipline® is an evidence-based, trauma-informed approach. It is recognized by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration’s (SAMHSA’s) National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices, and received high ratings in a Harvard analysis of the nation’s top 25 social-emotional learning programs.
This is a 5-week session over five months for 20 hours of professional learning:
January 12, session 1 & 2
February 9, session 3 & 4
March 9, session 5 &6
April 13, session 7 & 8
May 11, session 9 & 10
In these sessions we will explore:
- traditional and conscious discipline techniques
- understand more about the brain’s ability to process discipline
- ways to create a connected culture
- our own composure
- becoming assertive
- allowing choices
- developing empathy
- looking for positive intent
- the effective use of consequences
The class fee includes a Conscious Discipline workbook for each participant. Full MERIT reimbursement is available after the first session for those who have not already received STARS reimbursement for 2018-2019 fiscal year. MERIT reimburses up to $250 per fiscal year.
Date: January 12, 2019
Time: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Trainer: Deb Walrath
Child Care Aware – Lynnwood Office 3400 188th St SW
- Please register at least 48 hours in advance
- Registration not accepted at class - please do not show up without registering with our office
- Those arriving more than 15 minutes late will not receive a certificate or refund
- Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar and registrants will be notified
- Full refunds will only be issued by calling by 12:00 pm the day before class. No refunds are given after noon deadline
- We love children, but not in our classes please.
- If you do not receive an email confirming your registration, please contact us at 360.734.8396 ext 227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.