Introduction to Conscious Discipline
Each childcare program or early learning classroom has its own culture. This culture supports behavioral patterns that aid or impede learning in our programs. Conscious Discipline helps teachers become skilled at how to intentionally build a culture of learning. To successfully teach a life skill we must model and demonstrate it in daily life.
Conscious Discipline® is an evidence-based, trauma-informed approach. It is recognized by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration’s (SAMHSA’s) National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices, and received high ratings in a Harvard analysis of the nation’s top 25 social-emotional learning programs.
In these sessions we will explore at an introductory level:
- traditional and conscious discipline techniques
- the brain’s ability to process discipline
- ways to create a connected culture
Session Level: 3-4
Core Competency: Providing Individual Guidance, level 2a, 2e, 2i and 2k
This training includes three sessions on November 29, January 24, and February 21, 2019. Participates must attend all three sessions to receive STARS hours.
This series is offered for no cost. Funded in partnership by the Opportunity Council/Child Care Aware Northwest and the Ferndale School District.
Date: November 29, 2018
Time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Trainer: Bracken Marren
Horizon Middle School 2671 Thornton Road
- Up to $250 fee reimbursement may be available through MERIT.
- Please register at least 48 hours in advance
- Registration not accepted at class - please do not show up without registering first
- Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar and registrants will be notified
- Full refunds will only be issued by calling by noon the day before class. No refunds are given after the noon deadline
- We love children, but not in our classes please.
- If you do not receive an email confirming your registration, please contact us at 360.734.8396 ext 227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.