Each childcare program or classroom has its own culture. This culture supports behavioral patterns that aid or impede learning in our programs. Conscious Discipline helps teachers become aware of and skilled at how to intentionally build a culture of learning. To successfully teach a life skill we must model and demonstrate it in daily life.
Conscious Discipline® is an evidence-based, trauma-informed approach. It is recognized by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration’s (SAMHSA’s) National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices, and received high ratings in a Harvard analysis of the nation’s top 25 social-emotional learning programs.
In these sessions we will explore
• traditional and conscious discipline techniques
• understand more about the brain’s ability to process discipline
• ways to create a connected culture
• our own composure
• becoming assertive
• allowing choices
• developing empathy
• looking for positive intent
• the effective use of consequences
This is a 10 month (20 hour) professional learning community and participants agree to attend to set dates and times.
Date: Second Tuesday evening of the month beginning Nov. 13
(November 13, December 11, January 8, February 12, March 12, April 9, May 14, June 11, July 9, August 13)
Bring your own dinner or snacks.
Cost: The cost of this class is $200 and includes a workbook for each participant. Full MERIT reimbursement is available after the first session for those who have not already received STARS reimbursement for 2018-19 fiscal year. MERIT reimburses up to $250 per fiscal year.
Location: Our Savior Episcopal Church,
331 S Lewis St,
Monroe, WA 98272
Date: May 14, 2019
Time: 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Trainer: Deb Walrath
- Up to $250 fee reimbursement may be available through MERIT.
- Registration and payment required 48 hours in advance
- Full refunds for cancellations are only issued with at least one day advance notice.
- Sorry, no refunds are available for last minute cancellations or no-shows.